We are looking for new Trustees
An opportunity to help one of Barnet’s oldest community organisation and to develop your own professional skills.
- Citizens Advice Barnet is the main source of free advice for people who live, work or study in the London Borough of Barnet.
- We have been part of the community for nearly 80 years and, in the last year, helped over 7,500 people.
- We are a member of the national Citizens Advice service but operate as an independent local charity.
- Our 25 members of staff and 50 volunteers deliver our services, as well as 10 volunteer trustees to oversee the work of the organisation.
About our Board
- Our board meets 4 times a year with other meetings of specialist groups taking place throughout the year.
- We want our board to reflect our community and so we encourage applications from people of all ages and from all backgrounds regardless of age, gender, disability or sexual orientation.
- No formal qualifications are required to be a trustee but you should be willing to learn about and contribute to our work.
- We are also keen to recruit trustees with specialist skills such as finance,fundraising, marketing, human resource, communications, management and other experience relevant to the development of our work and our organisation.
- Being a trustee is a good way to develop your own professional skills and experience and so many employers will support staff who want to be trustees and will allow reasonable time-off to attend meetings and training etc.
- You can find out more about what being a trustee involves from the Charity Commission website https://www.gov.uk/charity-trustee-whats-involved
- To apply, download an application pack from our website https://barnetcab.org.uk/volunteering/
- For an informal discussion about the role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact details.
Closing Date: 9.00am Friday 18 January 2019
Interviews: Week commencing 28 January 2019