At Citizens Advice Barnet we have a selection of different volunteering roles and opportunities available.
Volunteering with Citizens Advice is a great way to contribute, use and gain skills, make friends and feel part of an enthusiastic team.
If you’re looking for a worthwhile experience and excellent training, there may be a suitable volunteering role waiting for you at Citizens Advice Barnet.
Join us as a volunteer and help us deliver our advice service. Most of our work at Citizens Advice Barnet is carried out by highly trained volunteers.
We very much value the work of all our volunteers, who strongly uphold the aims and principles of the Citizens Advice service.
We are particularly looking for volunteers to fill the following roles:-
Trustees to join the Citizens Advice Barnet Trustee Board
This is a great opportunity to help one of Barnet’s oldest community organisation and to develop your own professional skills.
About our Board
- Our board meets 4 times a year with other meetings of specialist groups taking place throughout the year.
- We want our board to reflect our community and so we encourage applications from people of all ages and from all backgrounds regardless of age, gender, disability or sexual orientation.
- No formal qualifications are required to be a trustee but you should be willing to learn about and contribute to our work.
- We are also keen to recruit trustees with specialist skills such as finance, fundraising, marketing, human resource, communications, management and other experience relevant to the development of our work and our organisation.
- Being a trustee is a good way to develop your own professional skills and experience and so many employers will support staff who want to be trustees and will allow reasonable time-off to attend meetings and training etc.
Other volunteering roles:-
If you are interested in any of our volunteering roles and believe that you could make a valid contribution to our organisation, please complete both the application and the diversity monitoring forms and e-mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.